We welcome applications from students who are new to education and special education, as well as experienced teachers looking to expand their credentials.
ew York State requires all teachers to hold master’s degrees. Our program is designed to serve the largest number of professionals in public and private education and ensure they have the credentials and preparation to succeed as educators.
All applicants to the MS program in Education and Special Education should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution
- A major or its equivalent in a liberal arts and sciences subject area and liberal arts and sciences courses in:
- English Composition
- Social Science
- Language other than English
- Computer Literacy
(Students who do not meet the liberal arts and sciences requirements may be permitted to complete the requirements while they do their graduate studies.)
- A minimum undergraduate and graduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Applicants whose native language is not English must obtain a score of at least 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). This requirement can be waived provided there is alternative evidence of the applicant's proficiency in English.
- All applicants who plan to enroll in our teacher education programs after July 1, 2016, must submit their Graduate Record Examination (GRE) official score report. It will be another criterion within a candidate's application that each program weighs appropriately. Touro’s GRE test code is 2902.