NYC Teaching Academies:
Your NYC teaching career begins here.
Teaching Academies prepare future teachers for a rewarding career in NYC public schools.
Completing your practicum (student teaching) in a Teaching Academy gives you access to unique benefits and opportunities:
- Guidance, support, and feedback from an experienced cooperating Collaborative Coach (cooperating teacher)
- Opportunities to teach every day
- A built-in network of other pre-service teachers at the same Teaching Academy
- Weekly skill-building sessions to practice and strengthen teaching techniques and edTPA support
- A certificate of completion
- Preferential hiring in NYC DOE schools
- Early career support and resources
To qualify for the NYCTA a candidate needs to be registered for Practicum courses SEDN 695, SEDN 683 or SEDN 678.
Interested in a placement at a NYC Teaching Academy?
Contact the Office of Clinical Practice today!