We welcome applications from all full-time working educators who aspire to serve as School Building and District Leaders.
We prepare teachers and administrators to be effective leaders in today’s schools.
All applicants to the MS program in School Leadership must have:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution (official transcript must be submitted).
- A minimum undergraduate and graduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4-point scale).
- Provisional or Permanent NYS Certification in Education.
- Three years of satisfactory teaching experience.
- All applicants who plan to enroll in our teacher education, leadership and counseling programs after July 1, 2016, must submit their Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) official test scores, or a nationally-normed equivalent. Applicants who present MAT scores will be asked to complete a writing sample administered by Touro. It will be another criterion within a candidate's application that each program weighs appropriately. Touro's GRE test code is 2902 and MAT test code is 3346.
Non-native English speakers will have to present evidence of English fluency. This may include a score of at least 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language and at least one letter from a supervisor in a relevant educational setting. This letter should certify the candidate's competence in English.