Teacher Aide/Assistant - The Hagedorn Little Village School
Posted: February 15, 2018
Position: Teacher Assistant/Teacher Aide Positions
- This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to enter the field of special education and work collaboratively with teachers and therapists
- Full time/part time positions available; Immediate Openings
- Positions are Monday through Friday; hours vary/flexible
- 10-month school calendar plus a 6-week summer session; full time salaried staff are paid for all school breaks/holidays
- Full time salaried position includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 403b plan with matching; salary range $16,500- $22,000.
- Part time positions are per diem; hourly rate for aides $11; hourly rate for New York State certified teacher assistants $12
- Must be a caring, compassionate person who is eager to work with 2 to 12-year-old students with developmental disabilities in a small (i.e., 6-12 students) classroom environment. Duties include working on social, emotional and academic development of students, and assisting children with personal care (i.e., toileting, feeding, handling)
- Must be cooperative, reliable and dependable
- Knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) a plus
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Fingerprinting, initial medical exam and New York State criminal background check is mandatory
Please submit your resume by email to email@example.com.
The Hagedorn Little Village School, Jack Joel Center for Special Children (HLVS) is a publicly funded, not-for-profit school highly regarded for providing outstanding educational and therapeutic services for children with developmental disabilities. Our school provides year round programs and services that include diagnostic evaluations and treatment, early intervention, a preschool and an elementary school. The children that we serve range in age from birth through elementary school.
Little Village has an absolute charter from the New York State Board of Regents and is approved as a preschool and elementary school by the New York State Education Department.