Classroom Assistant/Aftercare Lead Teacher
The responsibilities of an Aftercare Lead Teacher are:
- Plan, supervise, and implement developmentally appropriate experiences for the aftercare class aligning to the child centered, emergent, and constructivist philosophy of our school.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to Aftercare supervisor.
- Work effectively, individually and as part of a teaching team, including 1 part time assistant teacher.
- Develop a positive relationship with each child, through observation and learning experience, helping to enhance his/her development and growth.
- Maintain a safe, inviting, and appropriate classroom environment.
- Create a learning environment that provides emotional, cognitive, social, and physical growth in children.
- Communicate regularly with parents through daily interactions at pick-up time and email/Kaymbu communications about the aftercare portion of the day.
- Knowledge and understanding in implementing a constructivist learning, and/or developmentally appropriate practice preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Judaic knowledge preferred
The classroom is a fast paced environment and the position requires high mobility, standing, walking, bending, and sitting on the floor. Must be able to lift and carry young children.