Early Childhood Toddler Room Head Teacher
- Plan, supervise, and implement developmentally appropriate experiences for the class according to the child centered, constructivist, and emergent curriculum and philosophy of the school.
- Ability to work effectively, individually and as part of a teaching team, including the supervision of two or three assistant teachers.
- Develop a positive relationship with each child, through observation and learning experience, helping to enhance his/her development and growth.
- Maintain a safe, inviting, and appropriate classroom environment.
- Create a learning environment that provides emotional, cognitive, social, and physical growth in children.
- Communicate regularly with parents through daily interactions, weekly electronic newsletters and photos, emails, and bi-annual Parent Teacher conferences.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, including age level meetings, teaching team meetings, head teacher meetings, and full staff meetings
- Must hold either a Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a Related Degree with experience.
- Knowledge of growth and development of young children including developmentally appropriate practice, emergent curriculum, and constructivist learning preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Judaic background preferred
The classroom is a fast paced environment and teachers should have the ability to actively participate in children’s play and care, including high mobility, standing, walking, bending, and sitting on the floor. Must be able to lift and carry young children.
Salary is commensurate with previous Early Childhood experience and educational background. Hiring is subject to completion of a background check, fingerprinting, criminal history record information, and child abuse record information check.