Education Director Needed ASAP
Responsibilities: The Director will be responsible for the overall daily operations and supervision of the pre-school program. Ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to be crucial. Plan trips, curriculum, lesson plans, and classroom observations. Network with other agencies etc. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To Supervise Teachers and Staff:
- Advertise and hire qualified and competent staff as needed in compliance with the Department of Health guidelines.
- Arrange for new employee orientation and training.
- Maintain individual staff records/log.
- Hold regular staff meetings based on identified needs.
- Keep current and updated medical form for staff
- Schedule staff development workshops and provide for coverage during staff members absence.
- Encourage staff to schedule appointments to meet with parents/guardian not while caring for children.
- Mandate that all staff members attend child abuse workshop.
- Insurance- Staff clearances, SCR, Fingerprints, Medical, Refs etc.
- Tuition, paperwork, food Program.
- Reinforce staff members Accountability/Awareness of children presence.
- Conduct frequent head counts at the beginning of class and during and after transitional activities.
- Provide staff members with an allergy list, list students' allergies and foods to avoid.
- Emphasize the importance of staff member's awareness of the allergy list.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education
- Must be NYS Certified in Early Childhood Education
- Must have at least 2 years' experience in Early Childhood or Special Ed Classroom setting. DOE & DOI Fingerprinted.
- Be familiar with Pre-K For All Guidelines (Pre-K Common Core Standards, Pre-K Units of Study, Assessment: Work Sampling System, Classroom Evaluations: CLASS and ECERS). Experience with Classroom & Administrative Management.
*Prior Experience as an Education Director is a plus.