Special Education Teacher
- Developing each student’s IEP goals and behavior management plans in accordance with official mandates
- Implement and collect data on each student’s IEP goals and behavior management plans Supervising teacher assistants
- Administering curriculum based assessments
- Developing and maintaining individual student data books which include maintenance of graphs, reports, and IEP goals
- Organizing trips and community outings in accordance with IEP goals in conjunction with Coordinator and Director’s approval
- Writing progress reports and update ancillaries
Participate in parent teacher conference at least twice per year and participate in parent training sessions as required
- Currently matriculated in a master’s program
- Must possess or be working toward NYS teaching certification in Students with Disabilities (grades 1-6)
- Strong classroom management, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with individuals with autism and applied behavior analysis
About Eden II Programs:
Eden II Programs is a non-profit organization that has been providing services to people with autism since the 1970’s. Eden II strives to provide the maximum help possible to the autism community through education, adult day programs, residential care, family support, respite, and a number of other services.
Eden II Programs is an equal opportunity employer that supports diversity.