Substitute Teaching for NYC DOE
The NYC Department of Education (DOE) is now seeking applications for individuals to work as a day to day (Per Diem) substitute teacher.
- We are looking for committed, compassionate, positive educators who are ready to make a difference for NYC students.
- We are looking for people with experience in education or in working with school-age students, so that they can hit the ground running.
- All substitute teachers must have a Bachelor's Degree, proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking the English language, and authorization to work in the United States.
Substitute teachers who work in person during the period of September 29, 2020 to October 30, 2020 are eligible to receive the following incentive in addition to the contractual rate of $193.47 per day:
- $100 per day for up to five days of in person substitute service for a total of up to $500.
- An additional $500 for a total of 15 or more days in person during this period for a total of $1,000.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher for the NYC Public Schools, please review the guidelines and complete this survey: