Bilingual Spanish Kindergarten Pod Teacher Needed
Bilingual Spanish teacher for in-person group of 3-6 Kindergarten/1st grade children. We are searching for an educator to collaboratively define this unique educational opportunity. We seek a teacher who can foster open and inclusive learning rather than subject area specific curriculum. The emphasis should be on nurturing social-emotional interaction in addition to supporting early reading and writing in Spanish and English. The collaborative would serve as an environment which suits the imagination of the teacher and students which inhabit it.
The Space: The Dream Center-Harlem
- Certification not needed, new graduates welcome.
- Fluent Spanish and English is required; native Spanish speaker a plus! All of the children have been in a Spanish immersion preschool. Some are native Spanish speakers all are well versed in Spanish.
- Comfortable participating in collaborative discussions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Curriculum Design and Lesson Planning
- Full time (9am-3pm in person teaching) with 30 minutes morning set up and 30 minutes for clean up at the end of the day. Compensation comparable to NYC substitute teacher salary scale.
- The position is for the 2020-2021 academic year with a potential extension for the 2021-2022 school year.
- We will follow the Board of Education calendar in terms of start/end dates, and holidays.
Other Inquiries and Notes:
The parent group includes:
- Veteran NYC educators who can support the teacher in curriculum design, lesson planning and mentorship.
- Veteran NYC Physician well versed in Covid-19 safety procedures to guide and oversee daily protocols for teacher, students and families.
Submit your resume and email of interest to:
teaching.awareness.llc.@gmail.com using the subject line: Bilingual Teacher.