Middle School 88 in Brooklyn is seeking a Math Teacher
MS 88 is currently looking for a 6th Grade Math teacher for position beginning this Fall. They’re also seeking a long-term substitute for a math position with the possibility to stay on afterwards.
At MS 88 the creative environment allows all students to respect themselves and their abilities. Their aim is to give all students the necessary emotional and academic support to build their self-esteem by setting high expectations that will lead to a sense of personal responsibility. M.S. 88 is strategically aligned with major universities, along with public and private companies to support teacher development and enrich the learning experiences of our students.
M.S. 88’s instructional core consists of rigorous Common Core aligned curriculum, dynamic enrichment courses, blended learning programs, project based learning, and Integrated Project Work. Student engagement through exploration of real world problems is at the center of transformational learning at M.S. 88. Middle School 88’s mission is to develop a love of math for your child and prepare them to apply their math skills across content areas.
- Willingness to teach a diverse student population
- Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum
- Strong content knowledge
- Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy that every minute of every day is learning time by preparing and executing engaging lessons
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to help our students reach a level of academic excellence
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to MS 88’s mission and community
- NYS Certification
- NOTE: Applicants must currently be eligible to work in the US for the 2019-20 academic year.
Please email your resume to: Irene Parker, Assistant Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org