Special Education Teacher for The Manhattan Star Academy
Date Posted: August 14, 2018
The Manhattan Star Academy is currently looking for a Certified Special Education Teacher to join our team.
- Oversee a classroom of school aged children
- Prepare Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) and progress reports
- Meet with parents as necessary and involve them in their child's activities and progress
- Provide direction to teacher assistants, 1:1's, or substitutes in your classroom
- NYS Childhood Education and Students with Disabilities 1-6 or NYS Permanent Special Education Certification required
- Teacher license k-6
- Bachelors required; Masters degree preferred
- Seeking candidates with 2 years experience with elementary school aged children with special needs
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving, communication skills, along with the ability to take initiative.
Please apply online below. For more information about the YAI Network, please visit www.yai.org
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Working with special needs children: 2 years
- NYS Childhood Education (1-6)
- Students with Disabilities (1-6)