The Park Slope Educational Complex at MS 88 is Seeking Long-Term Substitute Teachers
The Park Slope Educational Complex at MS 88 is currently looking for long-term substitute teacher positions for Mathematics, Coding/Computer Science, Special Education, visual arts, and music, with potential to be hired as a full-time teacher.
MS 88 has created an environment that allows all students to respect themselves and their abilities. Their aim is to give all students the necessary emotional and academic support to build their self-esteem by setting high expectations that will lead to a sense of personal responsibility. M.S. 88 is strategically aligned with major universities, along with public and private companies to support teacher development and enrich the learning experiences of students.
M.S. 88’s instructional core of rigorous Common Core aligned curriculum, dynamic enrichment courses, blended learning programs, project based learning and Integrated Project Work. Student engagement through exploration of real-world problems is at the center of transformational learning at M.S. 88. The mission is to develop a love of math for your child and prepare them to apply their math skills across content areas.
· Experience and success with teaching a diverse student population
· Strong desire to teach an academically intense curriculum
· Strong content knowledge
· Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy that every minute of every day is learning time by preparing and executing engaging lessons
· Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to help students reach a level of academic excellence
· Unquestioned integrity and commitment to MS 88’s mission and community
· NYS Substitute Teacher license, or willingness to be nominated for one
· NOTE: Applicants must currently be eligible to work in the US for the 2019-2020 academic year.
To Apply please email your resume to: ADunn2@schools.nyc.gov - Alisha Dunn, Instructional Coach