We welcome applications from NYS-certified teachers who would like to pursue TESOL certification.
This program is designed to strengthen teachers' capacities to effectively serve children for whom English is a second language.
Courses are scheduled to accommodate working students. Applicants should be aware that they are required to complete 100 hours of Student Teaching Experience in grades PreK-12.
All applicants to the MS program in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages must have:
- Completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution (official transcript must be submitted).
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4-point scale).
- Provisional or initial NYS Certification in Education.
- One sample of representative academic work (i.e., undergraduate/graduate writing project or research essay)
- All applicants who plan to enroll in our teacher education, leadership and counseling programs after July 1, 2016, must submit their Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) official test scores, or a nationally-normed equivalent. Applicants who present MAT scores will be asked to complete a writing sample administered by Touro. It will be another criterion within a candidate's application that each program weighs appropriately. Touro's GRE test code is 2902 and MAT test code is 3346.
Ready to Apply?
212-463-0400 ext. 5288
Pamela M. Heyward
Assistant to Chair
Dr. Seongshin Kim