Whether you are interested in changing careers from finance or engineering, or just starting out on your professional journey, we welcome you to apply.
The master's of science in mathematics education is a challenging program. Prospective students must be prepared to undertake a rigorous sequence of course with a solid background in math.
All applicants to the MS program in Mathematics Education should have the following:
- A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution
- Those applying for the MS in Mathematics Education leading to Initial Certification must have an undergraduate major in Mathematics OR a minimum of 30 credits of mathematics coursework at the Pre-Calculus level or above, including at least two semesters of Calculus, one semester of linear algebra, and one semester of higher geometry.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in mathematics courses
- Those applying for the MS in Mathematics Education leading to Professional Certification will need to supply a copy of their initial NYS certification in Mathematics Education (Grades 7 - 12) or equivalent.
- All applicants who plan to enroll in our teacher education, leadership and counseling programs after July 1, 2016, must submit their Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) official test scores, or a nationally-normed equivalent. Applicants who present MAT scores will be asked to complete a writing sample administered by Touro. It will be another criterion within a candidate's application that each program weighs appropriately. Touro's GRE test code is 2902 andMAT test code is 3346.