We welcome applications from students who are new to education and special education, as well as experienced teachers looking to expand their credentials.
New York State requires all teachers to hold a master’s degree. Our program is designed to serve the largest number of professionals in public and private education and ensure they have the credentials and preparation to succeed as educators.
All applicants to the MS program in Education and Special Education should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution
- A major or its equivalent in a liberal arts and sciences subject area and liberal arts and sciences courses in:
- English Composition
- Social Science
- Language other than English
- Computer Literacy
(Students who do not meet the liberal arts and sciences requirements may be permitted to complete the requirements while they do their graduate studies.)
- A minimum undergraduate and graduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Applicants whose native language is not English must obtain a score of at least 550 on the paper-based or 80 on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL score report for Touro College Graduate Education is 2902. This requirement can be waived provided there is alternative evidence of the applicant's proficiency in English.
- Applicants must submit their Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) official test scores, or a nationally-normed equivalent. Applicants who present MAT scores will be asked to complete a writing sample administered by Touro. It will be another criterion within a candidate's application that each program weighs appropriately. Touro's GRE test code is 2902 and MAT test code is 3346.
Ready to Apply?