We welcome applications from all full-time working educators who aspire to serve as School Building and District Leaders.
We prepare teachers and administrators to be effective leaders in today’s schools.
All applicants to the MS program in School Leadership must have:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution (official transcript must be submitted).
- A minimum undergraduate and graduate grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4-point scale).
- Provisional or Permanent NYS Certification in Education.
- Three years of satisfactory teaching experience.
- NY State no longer requires applicants who enroll in our graduate-level teacher education and leadership programs to pass the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or other nationally normed equivalent admission tests. However, standardized test scores for GRE/MAT and CST Multisubject State Certification exam, may be submitted for a holistic review of your application. Applicants who present MAT scores will be asked to complete a writing sample administered by Touro. Touro's GRE test code is 2902 and MAT test code is 3346.
Non-native English speakers will have to present evidence of English fluency. This may include a score of at least 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language and at least one letter from a supervisor in a relevant educational setting. This letter should certify the candidate's competence in English.
Ready to Apply?
Visit admissions to find out how to apply and start your application.